If your reading this, you obviously had the same addiction like most 90’s kids which was MSN Messenger. It was an inescapable force throughout most of out childhoods. Looking back, we all made some huge social errors on a daily basis that just became normal in the MSN world…It wasn’t until the death of MSN in 2013, that we all noticed just how awkwardly embarrassing it all was. Here is a list of 20 MSN memories, we can all relate to.
1. Using ‘slang’ like, g2g, brb, lol, rofl & wuu2.
2. Asking your friend to check if someone you blocked is online.
3. Signing in and out of MSN to attracted the attention of the person you fancy…
4. Nudging someone until you got the message: ‘You have sent too many nudges, please wait.’
5. Listening for your parent to get off the phone so the internet would start again and you could log back in to MSN.
6. Whenever your parents came into your room when you were on MSN: Space, Enter! Space, Enter! Space, Enter! Space, Enter!
7.When this happened.
Boy: “I like you”
Girl: “umm I think we should just be friends.”
Boy: “That wasn’t me who said that, it was my friend… soz lol”
8. When you had all your ‘boyz ‘n’ girlz’ names in your personal message.
9. The rejection feeling when you tried to sign into MSN and got this message.
10. Knowing something serious is about to be said when you saw the other person was typing for a long time…
11. Seeing the person you fancy sign in but making sure to wait 10 minutes before you started a convo with them so they didn’t think you were a utter psycho.
12. firstname.lastname@example.org – Enough said.
13. Playing your music in Windows Media Player and making sure your MSN contacts could see ‘what you’re listening to’ to make you look cool…
14.’ nυdge мe ιғ yoυ liĸe мe. ‘ Was how we all flirted on MSN.
15. Telling lies like this…
“can’t, my cams broken”
16. Trying to hint at your crush by putting ‘I love ???’ as your MSN screen name.
17. Knowing all the shortcuts to your amazing emoticon collection.
18. The amount of thought you had to put in when taking & selecting the perfect display picture.
19. Before Facebook, relationships were only official when you wrote the date you got together with a <3 in your MSN personal message.
20. Adding yourself on MSN so you could see what your name looked like to others.