Do you have a passion for sport? Are you always up to date with the latest scores and sporting events? This could be the role for you.
About Be In Sync Media
Be In Sync was set up to allow young people to gain practical work experience within the media industry and gain essentials skills for future employment. All of our roles are volunteer roles but offer a great opportunity to start/progress your career.
All of our roles are remote, which means you can work from home, your university/college library or pretty much anywhere with an internet connection. You can become as involved and write as many articles as you are able to, but we ask that you produce at least one article a week and let your editor know in advance if you’re not able to do so.
What the role involves
- Writing posts about upcoming, current and past sporting events
- Writing articles sports related news
- Contacting athletes to request interviews
- Generating content ideas
- Finding stories that cover a wide range of issues in sport
This person who fills this role will report to the Sport Editor.
What you get
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Portfolio of work to show future potential employers
- Regular networking opportunities
- Real life work experience
- Flexible working hours and remote working
- Potential for paid travel and expenses
- Experience in desirable skills for a CV
The ideal candidate
- Passionate about all sport
- Strong levels of English language and writing (previous writing experience advantageous but not essential)
- Candidates must be at least 16 years old
Perfect for those who have or are currently studying journalism or sport related courses.
This role is voluntary and aimed at building experience to help you find work within the media industry in the future.
To apply for this role send a copy of your CV and an article related to sport to firstname.lastname@example.org