My best friend lives in Wales, I live in Manchester. Okay. I know thats not thatttttt far, but I work weekdays, and she works weekends so trying to make plans can be quite hard. She has recently told me some brilliant news regarding her career, and I honestly couldn’t be more proud of her. It does mean she will be moving further away, but its okay, because it means I get a free holiday out of her.
With it being a Long Distance Best Friendship…I decided to come up with 20 Things You’ll Understand If You Have A Long Distance Best Friend.
1. You know exactly when you last saw them was….
2. The utter excitement when you book a ticket to go and them!
3. The countdown that begins as soon as you book that ticket.
4. The hug when you are finally reunited at last!
5. All other responsibilities are completely out of the window when they are around.
6. You look forward to meeting up their home best friend so you can make sure they know you are the ONLY best friend.
7. When you’re time together is over, the utter emotion as they get onto their train.
8. When they get back home its the start of constant FaceTime and snapchats.
9. You go back to liking every single thing they post on social media so they don’t forget you.
10. You start to get offended when they don’t reply to your text after an hour.
11. Trying hard not to get jealous when they hang around with their other friends.
12. Sending drunken ‘I miss you texts’ so they give you all the attention.
13. Sending long messages letting them know how much there existence means to you.
14. Spending Birthdays, Christmas and other celebrations apart is hard!
15. Sending them the ugliest selfies you can create.
16. When they screenshot them and you question your friendship.
17. Looking through pictures and reminiscing the old days and getting all emotional.
18. Ending FaceTime in a strop because you want to spend more time with them.
19. Making ‘jokes’ on how great it would be to live together.
20. Questing why the universe is so unfair to introduce you to someone who lives so far away.
Dedicated to my best friend, Bethan. Love you girl. So proud of everything you have achieved since I have met you. Thanks for keeping me strong and being there for me whenever I need you.